Friday

12/07 - BMI Baby

I don't know exactly how short I am (5'2" I think) but I know I'm not tall. I don't buy into this BMI thing but I have often thought over the years that were I taller I may not look as chunky as I feel I do. I'm top heavy - not in a big boobs sense just in that my top half holds more weight than my bottom, my arms, my tummy etc. I've always had slim legs so that's never been a huge issue but I wonder if I was taller.. Hmm. I don't have a problem with my height at all and I hear from my taller friends that they can out on a stone and not notice whereas I would feel just a few lbs so I guess that's a good thing? Less chance that my weight will get away from me at some point with out my realising. I guess what I'd really like is a longer body, my legs are long for a dwarf but my torso is comically compact and my midsection has always caused my periods of negativity about my body. It's annoying but ultimately we have to accept the shape we are and either live with it or step up the diet and exercise and do something about it. Bucking the trend I've done less time at the gum since the warm weather hit but every time I take outfit photos for my blog I resolve.. More crunches.. Starting next week..

How's your body image?

2 comments:

  1. I'm around the 5ft 2 mark and agree that BMI is utter tosh - we all carry our weight differently! My mum is only 5ft and if she puts on a lb or two, it shows, whereas if my 6ft dad does, it won't show until it's a few lbs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish my legs would grow! I'll be honest I am heavier than I would like to be at the moment, (although I have been about 2 stone heavier!). I've always been heavier in the leg department even when I've been at my slimmest and I've come to accept it now but because my legs are also shorter than my body (and I'm not that tall-5ft 4) it does make them look chubbier. Would love them to grow a few inches!x

    ReplyDelete