Sunday

09/06 - Game Of Thrones.. Not For Me


I'm not sure quite what I was expecting from Game Of Thrones but a creepy decapitating dead girl in the opening scene wasn't it. They really do like to chop off heads, don't they? I'm not one for gore and guts at the best of times but that little supernatural element was too weird. I'm a bone fide scaredy cat and I just don't think it's for me.. But it's SOOO popular! I don't get it. I thought it was about monarchy, I knew there was some kind of love story and MissGlamorazzi promised HBO raunch but episode one was just not what I thought it would be. Oh wait we've got naked girls... Oh and there's another, what? Is that her brother fondling her? Why yes and he appears to be pimping her out to an army. Then a man pushes a boy out of a window cause he caught him screwing someone he shouldn't have been screwing. I was told to watch at least 2 episodes as the first is a bit all over the place trying to set the many scenes so I will give the second a go tomorrow but I'm not enjoying the general tone of the show so I'm not hopeful that episode 2 will convert me.. Honestly the whole children killing is pretty much a deal breaker and I'm informed this happens frequently.

Am I the only one who doesn't love this cult show?


9 comments:

  1. No, I wish I did love it, I love period drama type stuff but we aren't all that into gore and guts and heavy sex scenes! Worried also about the chances of the kids walking in from bed on something so gross being on screen...it's high with that show! haha...
    I am still waiting for something new and good to show up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Paradise is a good period drama. There was only 8 episodes, but they are currently filming a Series 2. It aired on the BBC.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hate it. Hate, hate, hate it. I tried to get in to the books and the show but I just couldn't! Don't understand the hype.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know a few people who keep telling me it's amazing and everyone that seems to watch it loves it. But I just can't get past the constant gore, it's way, way too much and makes it not enjoyable.

    Not for me at all!

    Fee x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I watched 2 episodes and I had to force myself to watch the 2nd just make sure I didn't really like the show.

    Then I looked up online (I know - cheating) to see if the rest of the season would interest me... it didn't.


    ReplyDelete
  7. its amazing, after 2 episodes you are hooked. it just takes you into this world, so many characters and so many stories, even on the odd beheading they dont focus on it, so you dont really see much blood and guts. i started the books last night. there is sooooo much histrory to this series, you can really tell the world has been around for thousands of years. it gets soooo good. give it a chance!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't really get why everyone thinks it's so amazing to be honest! It just struck me as being very violent (not really my thing), and a bit weird and perverted!

    ReplyDelete