Sunday

02/06 - The Original SATC?

I haven't seen The Golden Girls for about 15 years so I never saw the symmetry in the two shoes until TLC came to the UK and GG reruns entered my life. Blanche was always my favourite, the highly sexed older gal.. Sound like anyone? Samantha! Rose is a naive, unassuming thing who reminds me so much of Charlotte.. Sophia, been through the mill bitter of the bunch, Miranda and finally Dorothy is the Carrie, the glue that holds the gang together. I can't help but wonder if Darren Starr had just finished watching a Golden Girls marathon when he decided to adapt the book.. Just a theory


2 comments:

  1. I am quite sure I read something about Darren Starr being a massive GG fan. If I can hunt it down for you I shall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. have you seen 'hot in Cleveland' it's a show inspired by GG Sophia is in it :)

    ReplyDelete