Sunday

21/04 - A Time Consuming Task

This weekend the thing that's taken up the most of my time has been a task set for me by my Dad. He traded in his car and his new one won't play his iPod but it does have SD card slots so he wants his entire collection on SD. Ok. I started with 17 CDs, took a while to import and even longer to export onto an SD.. My Saturday night. So imagine my disappointment when I find out that his car doesn't like SDHC, only the standards.. Sigh! I actually never knew the difference until today but regular SD cards come in small memory options from 512mb to 2gb then SDHC (high capacity) go up to 32gb and anything larger is SDXC (extra capacity?). All well and good but it now means I'm going to have to buy about a hundred 2gn cards for this little project which is more expensive than 1 massive 1 and my Dad doesn't like complicated technology and I have a feeling he won't be happy with multiples.. Perhaps an organiser is necessary. What a dull thin to post about, huh?! But that really had been my weekend and when the cards come it will likely be my evenings too until it's done.. He won't appreciate it


No comments:

Post a Comment