Saturday

23/02 - Got Our Skates On!

20130223-211651.jpg
Today we ventured out to Leeds to visit the outdoor ice rink they have there called the Ice Cube. It was a little surprise for Ella as we weren't sure whether the tickets would arrive in time but they did and my brother decided to join us. As well as the skating they have Zorbs, mini roller coasters, simulators and a huge dry ski slope that you can slide down on a rubber tyre. My brother and Lee tried that and it looked like fun but I stayed back with Ella who didn't want to ride. She was hesitant on the ice but eventually let go of the rails and would lap the rink if I went backwards guiding her round, I think it's confidence more than anything and at the start of a session the ice is always super slippy having just been cleaned so everyone is a little wobbly at first!
20130223-211745.jpg
Fun fact you may not know about me, I took ice skating lessons for about 4 years when I was a kid. I stopped because at the next level I had to compete and I'm not into that but it was fun and I'm always surprised how much I remember when I get back on the ice after a long time.
We had lunch at Chiquitos (which was epic) then made a quick dash to ikea where I bought only the items I went in for (kind of) then a pot stop at Boots where I bought far more than I should have before finally ending our day with a dozen original glazed at Krispy Kreme - to take out of course. It was the busiest Saturday we've had in a while and I bought so much from Boots I have more blogging material than I could hope for so look out for lots of new reviews soon!
Big thanks to Capital FM who sent us the tickets for the Ice Cube!
Miss BB

No comments:

Post a Comment